Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My new school planner is amazing!

I received my new school planner this week from The Old Schoolhouse. It is called the The Schoolhouse Planner (not too surprising!) and it is loaded with helpful planning information. It is digital and interactive. I can type in my own personal information and then print it myself. Great idea, isn't it? Here is some of what is included in the planner and why I am so excited about it:

Calendars in various forms yearly, monthly, weekly, and daily
Lists of holidays and places to record special days in your family
Planners for your homeschool in various styles to meet your individual needs
Pages for both long-term and short-term homeschooling goals
Curriculum planning forms
Evaluation forms and test score recording sheets
A through-the-Bible in a (school) year schedule
Forms for recording Bible memory and other memory work
Logs for recording books read, movies and documentaries viewed, etc.
A field trip planning form and recording log
A sample science lab sheet and nature study sheets
A place to record extracurricular activities
Outside classes, co-op, and support group information and recording sheets
Household planning forms
Daily, weekly, and monthly household schedule charts
Grocery, menu-planning, and food logs
Various budget and financial planning forms
Garden planning sheets
An appliance and electronics inventory sheet
Vacation planning ideas
Address and telephone records


There are also...
12 homeschool must-know items, one for each month of the year
12 essays from curriculum authors in the homeschool community
24 easy main-dish recipes from some top homeschoolers around the nation

2-page monthly calendar with BIG blocks with lots of room for writing in details each day

I feel fortunate enough to be one of the 12 authors that contributed to this planner, but that is certainly not why I like it. It is because it is so very usable! I will print extra pages of the ones that I will use the most and not print the pages that I won't use at all (not too many of those!).

You can check it out here. I think that you will like it as much as I do.

Terri

No comments: